Your home’s HVAC system keeps you comfortable in your home, but have you ever given much thought to how this system works? Check out this basic overview:
- Air Ducts: The system that moves air from the furnace or air conditioner to various rooms in the house.
- Air Handling Unit : The main part of the system. This system is where the major parts of heating and cooling systems are housed and distributes heated or cooled air through the duct system.
- Evaporator Coil: Evaporator coils are located on top of the furnace. It’s the mechanism that cools the air.
- Filter: Traps dust, dirt, debris, and other air pollutants, preventing them from passing through the HVAC system and back into the air.
- Condenser Coil: This part removes heat from the system and is located in the outdoor condenser unit. It’s part of the air-conditioning system.
- Compressor: Located in the condenser unit, this part supplies an increased pressure of air or gas.
- Fan: Generates air current. Sometimes this device is called a blower.
- Refrigerant Filled Tubing: Moves refrigerant through the air-conditioning mechanisms between the indoor evaporator coil and the outdoor condenser unit.
When you experience problems with any of the HVAC system, you need prompt repairs. Waiting too long not only affects your home’s temperature, but it also puts stress on the heating and cooling elements. At Gainesville Mechanical, we’re happy to help Northern Georgia residents with residential HVAC repair. If you’re experiencing problems with uneven heating or cooling, a leaky refrigerant line, or need HVAC replacement, our team of experts is ready to help. We offer flexible scheduling, financing options, 24-hour emergency services, and more! At Gainesville Mechanical, we’re proud to offer exceptional rates and quality repairs that keep you comfortable in your home year-round. To schedule a service call, contact us at (770) 532-9130.