Regardless of the season, a new addition to your home needs proper heating and cooling year-round. The best way to achieve ideal temperatures without affecting your current HVAC system is to install mini-split ductless technology in your new space. The heating and cooling professionals at Gainesville Mechanical are ready to assist you with your new ductless questions and installation for all season room heating and cooling.
Advantages of Ductless Heating and Cooling
A ductless system provides all season room heating and cooling without interfering with your current HVAC system’s performance. The simplicity of ductless technology gives you options year-round, regardless of the temperature outside. There are several other benefits of installing a mini-split ductless system in your home, such as:
- Ductless systems offer flexible installation compared to air conditioners, furnaces and heat pumps. Traditional methods of heating and cooling your home use forced air circulated through ducts in your home. A ductless system transfers controlled temperatures directly to the space it’s meant for. Comprised of a small outdoor unit and one or more indoor units, installation of a ductless unit offers flexible options with mounting capabilities and access to electricity and no ductwork is required!
- With a mini-split ductless system, you save money by not constantly running your current heating and cooling system to maintain an ideal temperature in your new addition. A ductless system operates using less power due to their size and only has to control the climate in one area compared to a forced air system, which controls the heat and cooling for the entire house.
- The installation is not only flexible but quick and easy! A ductless unit can be installed in as little as one day. The installation is less invasive because the system uses small pipes running between the indoor and outdoor unit through a small three-inch hole. You don’t have to rebuild walls, ceilings or install additional ductwork with a ductless system. Plus, the unit doesn’t take up valuable square footage in the new addition!
- The average system uses ductwork to circulate air throughout your home and often those ducts become compromised by pollutants that aren’t filtered properly. The ductwork requires professional cleaning on a regular basis, so you don’t experience health issues or HVAC performance issues caused by poor indoor air quality. Mini-split ductless systems require no ductwork, allowing your indoor air to remain healthy through multi-stage filtration.
- Ductless systems are also quieter than standard forced-air systems when operating. Quiet operation might be important if your new addition is a bedroom where loud noises at night might prevent a good night’s sleep.
Other Uses for All Season Room Heating and Cooling
Aside from new additions, there are other options for using ductless technology. Due to their adaptability, they are great for multiple situations:
- Larger rooms benefit from ductless technology. The ductless system supplements your current heating and cooling system, so it doesn’t have to work as often to heat or cool a larger room. The aid of ductless technology lets your HVAC system focus more energy in other rooms, creating a more efficient system.
- Mini-split ductless systems offer climate control to multiple rooms set up on a zoned system. This allows you to provide personalized heating and cooling to several rooms at the same time without settings affecting other areas. A zoned system using ductless technology increases energy efficiency in your home.
Take advantage of all season room heating and cooling by installing a ductless system in your home. Contact Gainesville Mechanical today and talk to our NATE-certified technicians! We will help you determine the best option for your ductless technology needs.