Autumn means colder days, and often the first frost happens before the winter months. There are a few steps that you should take to prepare your air conditioner for fall. These steps can prevent damage to the unit and help extend its lifespan.
- Insulate It: Prepare your AC unit by wrapping foam or rubber tubes around the AC pipes. This will prevent freezing.
- Keep It Clean: Remove debris from around the unit. Consider investing in an AC unit cover, which will keep it free of debris and also keep the unit warm in the upcoming cool days.
- Check for Frost: Cold nights in autumn can leave ice atop the unit. Make sure to remove this frost in the morning.
- Invest in Pest Control: Fall is a season of preparing for winter, especially in the animal kingdom. Take action to prevent pests from nesting in or around your air conditioner.
- Hire Maintenance: Hire an AC maintenance specialist to inspect the unit for signs of damage, refill fluids, service the inside of the unit, and ensure it’s ready for the next warm season.
So, who should you call for professional air conditioner maintenance? Trust in Gainesville Mechanical for all of your HVAC needs, including helping to prepare your air conditioner for the fall. We’re the top HVAC maintenance and repair team in Gainesville, GA, and have proudly offered commercial and residential services to many satisfied customers. Call us for HVAC repair and maintenance, or even installation. We even offer award-winning plumbing services. Best of all, we’re available 24/7 for all your plumbing and HVAC emergencies. Whether you need routine assistance or emergency repairs, Gainesville Mechanical is available. Call us today!