You can still start those New Year’s resolutions and one way to meet financial resolutions is saving money by heating your home more efficiently. Two ways you can help your heating system – schedule an inspection of your unit and purchase a preventative maintenance plan.
Gainesville Mechanical hires only the best NATE-certified technicians to perform inspections and routine maintenance for our customers. Understand the importance of proper care for heating a home this winter by calling Gainesville Mechanical today!
Schedule an Inspection
An inspection of your heating system, when performed by a licensed professional, will test its efficiency and discover anything that might be hindering its performance. You will also be advised on components that need to be repaired or replaced and if these repairs are covered by a warranty. A system that operates smoothly and avoids expensive failures will use less energy to heat your home.
Enhance the air quality in your home with an inspection of your heating system. Your humidity levels are checked during the inspection and solutions will be offered to reach ideal humidity levels in your home. During your inspection, you can expect your certified technician to perform the following services:
- Check the filter
- Evaluate the temperature variation
- Test airflow throughout the home
- Inspect all electrical connections
- Examine the condensate drain and drip pan
- Test safety controls
- Inspect the blower and its components
- Examine the heat exchanger, burner assemblies and ignition
- Test combustion air
- Inspect condition of equipment
- Examine the startup function
- Test venting and clearances
- Inspect the area housing the equipment
- Test gas pressure and piping
- Evaluate the quality of installation
Purchase a Preventative Maintenance Plan
Investing in a preventative maintenance plan offers several benefits for your home, heating system and your health. Routine maintenance includes changing your filter, cleaning the inside components of your system, lubricating parts, and other measures to improve efficiency and performance. A few advantages include:
- Extended Life to Your System: Maintenance performed on your heating equipment before the cold hits and after it ends will reduce the wear and tear of components in your system. When your heating system is cared for on a regular basis, it will last longer. When your unit functions longer, you won’t get caught purchasing a unit before you are financially ready.
- Increased Performance: Your heating system will function more efficiently when routine maintenance is performed. Maintenance will catch problems early on, fix the issue and allow your heating equipment to function at its highest performance level.
- Fewer Repairs in the Winter: Just like with increased performance, maintenance prevents expensive and unexpected repairs in the long run. Problems are diagnosed early and will be corrected, so they don’t disrupt the performance of your system later.
- Improved Indoor Air Quality: Preventative maintenance checks your filter and the technician will change it if needed. A clean filter is extremely important to your health as it traps and eliminates allergens, dust, and other contaminants. You will experience cleaner air and notice a healthier atmosphere when you have routine maintenance performed on your heating system.
Heating a home this winter doesn’t have to be a nightmare! Contact Gainesville Mechanical to get the most out of your heating system. Our NATE-certified technicians know exactly what to do to help you achieve your New Year’s HVAC resolution.